Saturday, March 7, 2009

A different beansoup


Hi there! I was sure I would be able to post some data earlier but too many things happened..
My daughter was ill, then so was I, and then (thank God) we managed to go to Corfu for 3 days.
we had a super time, I got a photo of Liston as I promised and I will post it too.

There is a recipe I would like to share with you. It is one delicious soup I tried the other day, a bean soup I could call it, but it also contains cabbage and bacon, which give to it a much more interesting taste.
My kids loved it as well so I am thinking to add it in the meals I plan for them every week.

Bean soup with cabbage

Ingredients

500 gr cabbage
250 gr small white beans
1 onion
3 carrots
2 tablespoons fresh dill
2 eggs
1 lemon
1 tablespoon cornflour
1/2 cup cream
olive oil
salt
freshly ground black pepper

Put the beans in a bowl with cold water and leave them overnight (or 8 hours)
Cut in small pieces the bacon, onion, carrots, and cabbage.
Take a large saucepan, add 4 tablespoons of olive oil and fry the carrots, onion, bacon and cabbage for 4 minutes. Add the beans and fill the sauce pan with water so all ingredients are covered.
Boil in medium heat for about 90 min, adding water occasionally (so that the food is always covered)
When beans are ready (they will be soft) , add the dill and leave them to cook in slow heat.
In a bowl mix well the egg yolks, lemon juice,corn flour and cream. Pour the mixture into the saucepan, stir well and leave it to cook for 2-3 minutes.
Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment